Friday, July 18, 2014

NFLX, Z, P, TWTR, PCLN, AAPL, SCTY, TSLA

There's a reason I have been loathe to call out any short trade ideas without seeing that IWM chart resolve and I think it will based on the last post and what I've been seeing throughout the day. The breadth charts give a VERY different impression so I will get those up.

Some of these are tradable right now for short term long swing trades, most could really benefit from a pullback and I'd want to double check whether it was accumulated, if it was in the IWM then chances are it would be in the rest of these. It's actually the breadth charts that represent stocks like these that look the worst which also is part of why the MSI looks so bad.

In any case, whether you chose to piggy back swing trade these or not is a risk you'll have to determine, I'll try to give you as much information as possible, but this is exactly why I haven't called out short trade ideas this week on what has been a bounce in most averages until yesterday, a very weak one.
P 5 min much like the IWM timeframe, I'd much prefer a pullback here before considering a piggy back long and I think with any of these you have to be right on top of them.

 NFLX 10 min, again a pullback here would be very useful as most of the divergence developed today.

Z 10 min is probably tradable right here long, maybe a call. In any case, if there's going to be a pullback, Z would likely feel it as well.

TWTR is not my favorite, I wouldn't be involved, but it needs a bounce before it's really in a reasonable short sale area.

 PCLN, again a pullback would make this much more attractive.

AAPL which needs and probably will get a pullback.

AAPL 3 min looking like a pullback, as I said before maybe in to the close, maybe Monday.


 SCTY is a nice short that has been working well for us, I'd definitely want a pullback for a piggy back long before looking at a short add to.

TSLA 10 min, again a pullback would set up a nice swing trade along the lines of an IWM move.

I'll keep these on the WL for any near term trades, but the overall feel of these popular momentum stocks just seems to add to the probability of an IWM led bounce.

No comments: