Monday, March 23, 2015

TRADE Idea (SWING) Gold Short or GDX Short/ DUST Long

I do like Gold on a longer term basis, more of a primary trend in which I believe it is still working out its base.

However as shown earlier on a fading EUR/USD (as well as market), the $USD should gain and there are charts in the right place for a swing trade that would suggest that as also seen earlier, but here's an example...
There's such a high degree of correlation in the market right now it's like a chapter/example from a textbook. Just overlay GLD on SPY since the 10th and you'll see

I believe the $USD which has done a lot of work the last day or two straightening itself out and looking ready to make a move higher,EUR/USD lower, I believe Gold and Gold miners will move lower for at least a swing trade.

I prefer Gold Puts and will open a tracking portfolio position in April 17th GLD $115 puts, however, GLD short or the leveraged inverse DGLD long should work.

Additionally, this is the first really decent signal I've seen in GDX (Gold miners) and particularly in the 3x short gold miners, DUST (long). So I think you could also go with GDX short or DUST long.

I'll post charts in just a few minutes.

No comments: