Monday, November 25, 2013

Trade Idea: Reiterating UVXY / VXX Long

These can be tough to trade long, but every once in a while you get some really amazing signals, these are the ones I often say, "I don't ignore" and I didn't Friday, the UVXY long is only down 0.59% for a highly volatile, 2x leveraged position.

I also took out VXX calls, Dec. $45.

Here's one more look because I would add or start positions in these here so I want to reiterate the idea. The Bollinger Band Squeeze in spot VIX just makes these more compelling.

 VIX futures 15 min with a strong signal after what appeared to be a pullback.

Intraday VIX futures at a new leading positive high on the day.

UVXY, I suspected this morning may have been a stop-run/head fake, the volume at the break below support gives me grater confidence in that assessment.

 The 15 min chart from confirmation to a clear transition to a poisitive signal.

 VXX 15 min showing the same

VXX 3 min intraday, the rounding area has increasing volume or supply and this is what is needed for these positions to be accumulated, it's one of the reasons head fake move like today's apparent break under support exist.

No comments: