Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Trade Idea: MCP Filling out Long Equity & New Calls Position

I've been waiting since early May to fill out the MCP equity Trading position (LONG) which is at half size, with today's move breaking $2.50 which is a level I've been watching and expecting to be broken since this morning (with volume confirmation that orders were hit) as it is a psychological level , this also sets up the kind of entry I like for option positions, to enter on extreme moves such as opening a call position in to this move down.

I haven't taken the time to find the post, but I had recently said that the trading range of the last (approx.) 3 trading weeks in which MCP's charts have held up very well, has support that is too well defined, the range is too large now not to have a stop run, it looks like today's move is exactly that, a stop run / head fake move and this is the kind of move that I like to use to enter options positions as the premiums fall.

I'm going to fill out the trading equity long position in MCP and open a July (standard) $2.50 call position.

I'll post the charts next.

No comments: