Thursday, February 12, 2015

Trade Idea: Short Term Options) AAPL Puts

AAPL would be far from my first choice as a core short, but as a quick Put, I like AAPL here, it's going negative, it's going parabolic and I don't think it can stand, there's some near term weakness manifesting in the QQQ charts and AAPL would be the first place I would look and did.

Although I like this as a shorter term put position, I always like to buy about 3x more time than I think I'd need and slightly in the money.

This will be a spec position size, about half of a full position using March 20th AAPL Puts (monthly).

I'll update AAPL's charts in just a moment, but they have been deteriorating the past few days and that is manifesting in AAPL's price ROC already as well as some weakness in QQQ that's a bit stronger intraday than the other averages.

No comments: