Thursday, May 27, 2010

Opening Gap

There are small almost indistinguishable positive 1 min divergences, the only one that really stands out is in the QQQQ 

This would be enough to rise to the gap we are seeing this am, if I had any longs left I would be using the gap to sell into. Instead I'll be selling short into the gap, but again in small pieces, perhaps 15% (initial short positions taken yesterday at 25% on our intended position)

Here's the more dominant 5-min chart. Granted it could change to a bullish divergence if the 1-min carries far enough, but at this point it does not look likely and we make decisions based on the information we have and the probabilities at that time.

So we are not concerned with this gap up and expect to see it dissipate by early afternoon. If anything changes I'll do my best to keep you up to date.

No comments: