Friday, July 23, 2010

An Up Day Can Be Bearish

As I explained in depth a Trade-guild last night, a move above $110 in the SPY would be very beneficial for our short strategy. Today we got that. It was a lot weaker then it looked and really almost perfect, although I'd rather it broke and held below $110 today, as it is, probably Monday or early in the week. Read the last several posts for our strategy regarding that. I'll be posting more this weekend, right now my fingers are sore from being on the computer watching the market all day. It was a good day for us.

As promised, the new July/August list is up, just click on the link to the right to open the spread sheet. I'll be adding more ideas over the weekend, but for now there's quite a few for today-rather next week if you didn't enter any today.

As the MCD trade and about 6 others we hit with 3C thus week showed, it is indisputable that earnings are leaked, they can be successfully traded so we have a new tool in the tool box. And hopefully you have a better understanding of just how corrupt this market is. I called MCD a short yesterday, they BEAT! And still MCD was sold off. 3C didn't tell me if they would beat or not, it just told me that smart money moved out of the trade before earnings so they knew what would happen.

Check out the list and check back this weekend for more.

For those that are not on auto pay, WOWS will be resetting the 30 day membership this weekend, so if you are not current, I'll send you an email if you'd like to renew, but access will not be available after this weekend. If you are on auto pay, then you can disregard this notice.

I thank each and everyone of you and I appreciate all the emails, it keeps me going at 12 a.m.!

I know it's bumpy, tops always are, but we are on the right track with or long term goals and if you really understand the risk management post from last night, then you should be able to comfortably go to sleep every night not worried about a trade.

If any one has questions, please-it is what I am here for, not to give you trades, but to help you be successful in the market. I'm not hands off, I'm here for you if you need it.

No comments: