Monday, August 9, 2010

Did you make it through that post?

I hope so, it took me nearly 8 hours to write it, plus research.

In any case, since I posted it, I've been going through charts and listed a bunch of new trade ideas on the link "July/August Trades" at the top right-it will open the GOOGLE spread sheet-scroll down to the bottom to today's date. Limit order trades can be executed intraday, there's one that is on a closing basis, market trades are at market open at market price. Stops and entries are suggestions of course, what you do is up to you. You may want a tighter stop or a wider stop. I try to always stop out at the end of day only if a stop is triggered I want it to be on a closing basis so I stop out right before the bell-never in after hours, you'll get killed on the spreads.

BEFORE YOU PLACE ANY TRADES, I WOULD BE SURE TO UNDERSTAND THE RISK MANAGEMENT POST TO THE TOP RIGHT-LINK.

We can be wrong 4/5 times and still make money with good risk management that limits losses. THIS IS THE HOLY GRAIL OF INVESTING YOU'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR!

In looking at the market, I saw a LOT of ascending wedges, they are price patterns that move up, but close in and narrow to an apex-they are bearish. Many of the limit order shorts are ascending wedges and the limit price is a break of the wedge. If you have a specific trade in mind, feel free to email me and I'll give you details about my view of it. Also with the number of trades I post, it would be good to put in alerts for limit trades so you know when they are triggered. TeleChart which I use, there's a link at the top of the page, allows you to do this. At Trade-Guild.net I have a link to Wordens FreeStockCharts which is a real time platform-no exchange delay. You can set limit orders on those as well. If in a few days you see a limit trade trigger, you may want to send me a quick email so we can double check it for entries/exits and otherwise.

Remember, these are just my thoughts on the trades, you may have a different approach and nothing is written in stone. Some of them would make great day trades, just email me if you want a second opinion.

The news that came out, which I posted tonight was definitely an interesting bit, but the Fed admitting the economy is not looking so hot is like the weatherman saying it's going to rain in the middle of a shower. It does make one wonder what they are up to and the timing of what the Fed will say-even saying what they will say-is very bizarre.

Have a great week.

No comments: