Monday, January 3, 2011

Follow Up on Market Update

At 12:52 I posted the Market Update and showed negative divergences building in as the market neared its peak. I said we should see "downside/weakness from here"

Since then that's what we've seen, not a market just in full decline, but a market that lost momentum to the upside and started seeing distribution/selling. Here's the current 3C chart for the SPY.

It's not so much how much ground the SPY has given up since then, it's how much stronger the negative divergence has become since then that is concerning.

Many of the charts that I'm looking at have risen with the market as is usual, but standing alone, without considering the market, they don't look too impressive and as I told a subscriber in an email. many of them I'd even consider a speculative short on as the breakouts or moves up just don't look strong technically/3C.

No comments: