Monday, August 15, 2011

MMI MISS

Last week 2x I was looking over MMI and nearly brought you the trade, I just wasn't convinced of what I was seeing and had known first hand what a crap company they are from a former CEO who was in one of my lasses and one of my good friends who was an engineer there, I guess you could say I had a bias. In fact I was so close to bringing it,  had to go back through the post history just to make sure I didn't.

Any way, they were acquired by GOOG it seems and with massive short interest in the stock, it's up over 50% today.

 The daily chart had a base looking pattern with good RSI.

 The daily 3C chart showed a couple of divergences, which are rare on a daily, someone was acting on inside information.

The reason I didn't bring it was there was only confirmation between the daily and 5 min chart, the rest were ambiguous, boy how I wish I had. Live, Trade and LEARN (that's for me).

 I wonder how many hedge funds just went down in flames over this move?

No comments: