Thursday, September 15, 2011

a List of ETFs on my Radar

For a move down in the market, here's a list of some of the ETFs I have on my radar.


TYP  Technology Bear  3x
SQQQ  UltraPro Short QQQ
SPXU  UltraPro Short S&P-500
SDOW  UltraPro Short Dow 30
SRTY  UltraPro Short Russell 2000
FAZ  Financial Bear 3x
TZA  Small Cap Bear 3x
BGZ  Large Cap Bear 3x
EDZ  Emerging Markets Bear 3x
SRS  UltraShort Real Estate
DRV  Real Estate Bear 3X
EUO  UltraShort Euro
DTO  2x Short Crude Oil
UGL  Ultra Long Gold
DGP  Double Long Gold ETN
SCO  UltraShort Crude
EEV  UltraShort Emerging Markets
ERY  Energy Bear 3x


I won't use all of these, but I prefer to have broad market coverage. You need to be careful about correlations, for example a short in the Russell 2000 is similar to a short in Small Caps, A Short on the Dow is similar to a short in Large Caps, A short on the QQQ is similar to a short on Technology. I'll often treat correlating pairs as 1 trade for risk management purposes.

I'm still holding long and have not gone short anything yet.

No comments: