Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Putting a Face With the Name

I've had several people kind of ask what I looked like, I think some people assume I'm about 50 years old, I'm 39 years old-getting there. So here you go, a face with the name.

 This is me teaching my Technical Analysis class-I did this for about 3.5 years and out of 60-90 classes, my class was always in the top 2-the other top class was learning English. Almost every quarter we had to turn people away because we didn't have a classroom big enough. This is where I heard some real horror stories, most were because of failures in risk management. I had one older lady who was retired, she had $350k in savings, ALL in the market. She lost $50k in one week so I started meeting with her privately to help her. The first meeting she opened up to me, started crying and told me her husband passed away, this was all of the money she had and couldn't afford to live off social security. She was crying and told me that she contemplated suicide because she wanted to leave her kids money and she was afraid that she would lose it all. This is one of the experiences that moved me the most and why I am so committed to helping those who want to learn. WALL STREET IS A DEN OF THIEVES ROBBING THEIR OWN CUSTOMERS, but they don't see or care about the lady who contemplated taking her life.

 This is my mother who just underwent surgery to remove cancer from her left kidney-she's doing great now, me and my wife Anna from Hungary. My ex-wife was also from Hungary. I was trading full time for a living when I was married to my ex-wife for nearly 12 years. I will tell you without a doubt, that trading is much easier with a supportive spouse. I made a lot of mistakes and rushed trades at 3 p.m. because I knew my ex who never supported the idea of me trading (as she was raised behind the Iron Curtain) would be home in a few hours and ask the same question as every other day, "Did you make any money today?" It's my responsibility no matter what, but knowing that scornful question was coming often had me trying to force trades. That is why I am a firm believer in patience and taking what the market offers. The market doesn't care how much we need to make or what our target is.

Anna is much different and one of my top supporters.

These are my children, literally. Emma is on the left, a 10 month old Hungarian Vizsla and Attila is on the right, the most amazing soul (not dog) that I have ever met. About a month ago he lost his battle with cancer at 6 years old, but prednisone allowed us to give him one last week which was one of the best weeks of his life. I miss him to death and encourage everyone who may have a dog pass because of cancer, to contact me for information as to where you can send some biopsy samples. There are a few universities doing outstanding work with cancer research not only for dogs, but for humans as well, but they need samples to create their data base. Hopefully Tilla's samples will be part of a treatment or cure one day.

No comments: