Friday, September 16, 2011

Some ETFs I Like

These are the charts of some of my favorite ETFs, again, be careful with over-correlating your portfolio, but that being said, since these tend to me short moves, I like to have broad coverage as there's not a lot of time for sector rotation. You don't need to have all of these or even half, I would just aim to cover some of the different sectors.

 BGZ Large Cap Bear 3x 10 min chart, I would not be surprised to see a pullback in any of these, perhaps to or below the red trendline?

 DGP 2x Long Gold ETN 15 min chart-I bought a partial position in this yesterday as I announced.

 EDZ Emerging Markets Bear 3X 15 min chart, again a pullback could strengthen the divergence and make this a bigger move down, thus I am adding in select areas in partial positions hoping to fill out the position at a better price.

 EDZ 1 min is leading positive today

 EPV  UltraShort MSCI Europe (15 min.), a member brought this one to my attention yesterday when I listed some ETFs, I didn't intentionally not include t, I was just running names off the top of my head that looked good. I like this one and I think it's good to have exposure to Europe, especially with the bond holder roll-over problem just announced in Greece, it looks like they didn't get enough participation to make it work.

 EPV 5 min looks very strong this morning, perhaps due to the Greek problem mentioned above.

 EPV 1 min, like many other ETFs, the short term looks like a pullback is possible, that would allow you to enter at  better price with less risk.

 ERY Energy Bear 3X 1 min-this is ENERGY-not just Crude, the 1 min chart is strong, I'm guessing it is because of weakness in the Euro and strength in the $USD.

 EUO-if you want to short the Euro directly, this is your ETF. This is a 10 min chart, it seems as if this could build a larger base.

 SCO UltraShort Crude Oil 15 min, I like this one and this I think is part of having diversified coverage, just be careful not to over-correlate with an Energy Short. For risk purposes, I might treat them as 1 position.

 SCO 10 min chart also very strong.

 SDOW UltraPro Short the Dow-30 10 min in a leading positive divergence, be careful with correlations with large caps and industrials.

 SPXU UltraPro Short S&P-500 5 min chart is very strong the 10 and especially the 15 min charts are coming along, still I could see a pullback making a bigger base. Be careful with Large Caps and Financials.

 SRTY UltraPro Short Russell 2000 1 min leading positive divergence, the 15 min chart is leading as well with about 2 days of accumulation. Be careful correlating with small caps.

 TYP Technology Bear 3x daily chart showing a likely head fake.

 TYP 1 min leading positive, but showing some signs of a pullback.

 TYP 15 min in a leading positive divergence.  Correlations to watch for would include small caps to a degree and the QQQ related ETFs.

TZA Small Cap Bear 3x 10 min chart showing 3 days of accumulation, we may get a fourth today which would imply a pretty significant move down that may break the market's August lows as I mentioned last night.

No comments: