Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Back To Credit Markets

Honestly, I feel a little like I'm holding a crystal ball, I would NEVER be so arrogant as to truly think that lest the Stock Market strike me down with a thunderbolt, it's just since Sunday's post, all of the main topics that I covered in "Sorting the noise from the trend" have thus far come to fruition in the weirdest ways and in such a timely manner that I am shocked and while that statement wreaks of arrogance, I say it with all humility as a lifelong student of the market, it's just the irony of the timing is incredible.

If I had to guess, I would say it's just the experience of having to put food on the table, literally, by trading the 2008 market crash and nothing teaches you faster or creates more vivid memories then that kind of pressure. All of the same events and market turbulence that happened in 2008 are replaying in HD/3D before my eyes, thus I can generally distinguish between a market sugar high on temporary news and those events that really matter.

I just posted about hoe boring, but how important the credit markets are for us to watch, I guarantee that 99% of technical traders are watching moving averages rather then what really moves markets and to be honest, I just signed up for Briefing.com again and am 100% throughly disappointed when I read their "Technical Take". Everything that happens in the market in their experienced eye is because of a support level at $1247.21 or a 55 exponential moving average crossing below a 23 simple moving average. In other words, everything they publish is 100% all about "technicalities" and they miss important events, fundamental issues that move the market; the extent of their creative out of the box thinking, is tweaking moving averages to fit with the market action.

In any case,  just get done telling you how important credit is to equities/the market and how we finally have an ETF/tool to gauge that. Exactly 12 minutes later this piece is published, while I don't agree with their perpetual bearish stance (you take what the market gives), they do have an amazing ability to collect news that even my paid subscription to Briefing.com doesn't come close to. In any case, maybe the article will serve as some confirmation for you of just how important credit is in the world of finance.

No comments: