Friday, August 17, 2012

AAPL Charts

AAPL isn't the only reason for the PUT position and I rarely use options unless I feel the timing is VERY close.

However, here are a few AAPL charts.
 Short term I like the action today, I like there's no apparent accumulation on the 15th and I like the trend.


 The same goes for this chart, a different timeframe, but very similar results. Today's action is why I chose a put.

 The 5 min chart's trend is interesting to me because to open AAPL up to buyers. The red trendline would have to be crossed, there's accumulation at the lows, apparently to get that job done, but as soon as AAPL is above the trend is very strong and consistent. In other words, it looks like to get AAPL longs interested, they had to make a show of it, they did, but as they did it seems they wasted no time is moving out.


 The long term charts are what I based the core AAPL short on, actually the first divergence to the left was the core short entry, the May accumulation was the biggest period and as I have said many times, it seems they have just been selling those shares since in to higher prices. Also the same breakout area talked about above is showing a horrible reading negative/leading at the breakout.


The 60 min chart is what the original position was based on, AAPL is at the same relative price area as March/April, 3C is not close and it isn't above the June highs.

No comments: