Monday, October 1, 2012

IBM Follow Up

This is what IBM looks like right now, I'm thinking I'll start a small 25% phased in entry (short) IBM in the Equity model portfolio, I don't want to use leverage here. I also want to leave plenty of room in case IBM moves higher, but remains negative as these head fake moves in the past have lasted more than a day. More or less, even with a total loss on IBM, the position size would only be about 5% of the portfolio size which leaves a lot of room to add and a wide stop. I've just seen these head fake moves last longer than this and volume isn't that large yet, this is phasing in to a position, but even if IBM broke to the downside without any further upside, there's still plenty of profit potential to make it worthwhile as price is so elevated.

*Glad I closed the IWM long , URTY when I did.

 IBM 1 min leading negative with no confirmation.

 2 min even worse.

 3 min leading negative, which is why I'm interested in starting the position now.

 5 min relative and leading negative.


 IBM 15 min hasn't moved at all toward confirmation.

and the 60 min as well as the daily are both negative, with the 60 min leading negative

No comments: