Thursday, September 26, 2013

GDX / NUGT Update

I've held on to the GDX calls and intend to do so. Yesterday's late afternoon pullback came from a negative divergence that was about 4 hours old so I can't imagine a large pullback and there's already signs of positive divergences now taking over.

I'd be open to adding to GDX if I could find the right set up, NUGT is much easier to start a new position in or add to because of the elements that gop in to options premiums, NUGT's price is its price. For now, I'll just be holding the open positions, if I were looking for a long at this point, I'd be leaning toward NUGT (3x long gold miners ETF) over options unless as I said before, an appropriate set up  showed up.

I'll use GDX, NUGT and DUST which is the opposite of GDX and NUGT (3x short Gold miners ETF) as confirmation.
 GDX 2 min positive, I think it will need a little range like yesterday afternoon's range from about 1-3 p.m. for an appropriate reversal.

GDX 3 min positive so the divergence is building strength

GDX 5 min has a relative positive, so looking at the 3, they look as they should for this point of the process.

The 10 min NUGT and GDX chart are both still leading positive like NUGT above so this seems to have been a corrective move in side a larger move to the upside.

The same (15 min) DUST chart is negative or exactly the opposite as it should be to confirm so NUGT and GDX both look like they have a lot more upside room to go and DUST, downside.

DUST 1 min intraday is negative as it should be vs GDX/NUGT.

No comments: