Thursday, January 30, 2014

Trade Idea/Update: AAPL Calls

Yesterday I added some AAPL MArch $500 calls for a quick move, not a trending move, to the upside, this is why I chose the leverage of options.

In any case, so far so good, they are in the green, but I think we get a pullback in AAPL as well intraday and I'd be interested in opening a new call position if I didn't have one or an add-to position (I don't have much room, but if the opportunity looks too good to pass up, I'll likely go ahead any way).

The charts look great for a short term move, it could probably be traded as an equity long, I just would rather put those funds to use in higher yielding positions.
 First, my "DeMark-Inspired" custom "Buy/Sell" indicator gave 2 sell signals, both legitimate. The recent buy signal just given is small, but we often see these small signals and then a wider on, in any case the small one on its own is valid, but it does reflect the size of the move to some degree, take the two larger sell signals, that seems to have been a fairly major top area/distribution for AAPL and as I said above, I expect this to be more of a pop to the upside rather than a trend and that's the reson for the leverage calls afford over an equity position.

The 1 min AAPL chart looks great, although there is a relative negative divegrence forming now.

Here's the EXACT same chart just zoomed in tight to an intraday view.

 The 2 min chart is progressing with a leading positive divegrence.

Since there's a lot of noise in such a new/short price trend, I'm using the trend version of 3C, it removes some short term signals, but it gives a better overall trend with less noise and you can see the 1 min is also reflecting a pullback, which is what I'd like to use to enter a call position as the pullback starts to accumulate and go positive (3C).

The 5 min trend is clearly positive

As is the 15 min.

This is what I find really interesting and may make AAPL worthy of an equity long...
The size of the negative divegrence on this 30 min chart makes sense, what is unexpected is a positive divegrence on a 30 min chart showing up so soon.

I think the accumulation of AAPL down here is a lot stronger than it first appeared.

Keep in mind there will be a lot of gaming of $500 as a centennial/ psychological number.

No comments: