Wednesday, May 14, 2014

FXI Charts

I'm not going to get in to the bigger picture in which I do like FXP long (UltraShort China FTSE 25), however FXI was a long equity position for a FXP pullback so I may be looking at FXP long equity in the very near future, but for now, FXI which has much better volume looks like it's about to come down and a put here makes sense to me as far as leveraging the profit potential.

Here are the charts, FXI always gives better signals than FXP because of the volume difference.

 I recently closed the FXI long equity position because of some charts I didn't like, this 1 min intraday is leading negative which is an excellent timing indication.

The larger 3 min has been leading negative, it's hard to hold a long position that is really only meant as a trade with a divergence like this.

The 5 min after having been in line is also turning down.

The 15 min is leading negative


However, these charts are the reason that trading FXI on anything more than a trading basis is against the probabilities...

30 min FXI

This is the reason I've been looking for a short on China, note the FXI trend, the last move that was to the upside on this 60 min chart that has gone negative looks to be a countertrend bounce, that's why we exited FXP and entered FXI and recently exited FXI, all trades at a gain.


No comments: