Monday, July 21, 2014

Trade Management: SRTY/URTY

This has been an exceptionally difficult decision because I know sitting on SRTY (3x short IWM) it will be a profitable position, however as you know for the last week and a half I've expected an IWM bounce and URTY (3x long IWM) would be the equity position I would use to play that other than the IWM calls already in place.

I've decided to take SRTY off for a short period and add URTY, I will change back at a moments notice if I see anything going south with this bounce, but I'd like to make some extra gains on a bounce and I think this is sturdy enough to do that with. I would not blame anyone who chose to sit it out in SRTY because that is what I've been debating doing.

As far as some other core shorts like SQQQ (3x short QQQ ) and FAZ (3x short financials), I haven't decided as they "should" move with the IWM, however they don't have the short term trade signals the IWM has as you have seen as early as this morning.

I'll follow up with some charts.

No comments: