Friday, October 10, 2014

Cleaning Up some older positions, Closing a FAZ long

I have some positions I just want to clean up, one includes a FAZ long at a slight gain, I'm just going to clean this up so I have dry powder and a clean board. However, I love FAZ as a core short position and if I'm looking to hold it for a while rather than trade around this volatility (maybe for time reasons or transaction costs) I'd have no problem holding it with a longer term perspective. If it weren't for the volatility I probably would just hold it, but the volatility is creating some nice trading opportunities so with that in mind, I'm just going to clean it up and re-enter it later.

Again, if I'm not as interested in trading around this volatility for whatever reason including time, I have no problem holding FAZ as a longer term core short position.


No comments: