Thursday, April 24, 2014

FAZ Follow up charts

I went with a half size position for the same reason I've been kind of sitting on my hands and that's the broad market, but just like we had some rotation today with the Q's significantly outperforming (granted because of AAPL), say the IWM, we'll have different assets that are in place at different times due to rotation even if its caused by earnings.

As far as the longer term in Financials, there's little doubt in my mind, lets take a look at the Financial sector via XLF...
 This is XLF 60 min, you can see 3C has fallen off a cliff, this is where we have the highest probabilities, timing is a different story.

I included XLF's 30 min chart for confirmation..


And recently the 5 min chart leading negative.

The 3 min chart is leading negative as well, 5 min is usually my threshold for a trade.

And the very recent 2 min chart looks horrible, much worse than the broad market.

FAZ, 3x Short Financials... (long)

Just for confirmation of the XLF 60 min chart, FAZ should look like the mirror opposite as you can see with the leading positive divegrence.

This is the 15 min chart for confirmation, usually a good swing trade timeframe as well.

And the 10 min for confirmation, this is why I chose a 3x leveraged asset rather than an option, since there looks to be more trade duration, I need less leverage.

And FAZ intraday 2 min leading positive as well as...

A huge 3 min leading positive.

The other reason I went with a half size position here is we don't have a significant head fake move and I wanted to leave some room just in case.

I'll let you know if I see anything of interest when I check futures later tonight, but from what I saw today, I expect the typical Friday Op-Ex Max Pain Pin.

No comments: