Thursday, April 24, 2014

EOD Update

Honestly today has been VERY boring and I know a lot of you are feeling like I am, "Lets make some money"!

I have to keep reminding myself, "It's easier to keep it than to make it back on losses", for instance a -50% loss requires a 100% gain just to get back to break even; this is why I've been sitting on my hands here with some short exposure in the trading portfolio (a lot in the core / trend portfolio) and otherwise trying to be patient.

I looked at Leading Indicators hoping something there would stand out, HYG (High Yield Corp. Credit) is lagging the SPX, other than that, the most noticeable leading indication is VXX and TLT significantly outperforming their correlation (inverse) with the SPX, it looks like a flight to quality.

Other than that, the feeling I get from most of today's action is a stagnant market and the only thing that makes much sense to me is the Max Pain Op-Ex pin tomorrow.

With VIX short term futures and TLT (Flight to safety trade) both outperforming their correlation my guess is that after an op-ex pin tomorrow, things will start deteriorating rapidly as there are so many negative signals with a few in line interspersed here and there that just need to flip while the longer term 30 and 60 min charts are already negative except the SPY which is moving in that direction, that's my gut feeling as of now, if I see anything in to the close I'll certainly bring it up, but for now I'm thinking this is more about op-ex tomorrow and the accompanying pin.

No comments: