Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Went with NFLX April (monthly) $355 & Equity long for Trading Portfolio

I took opened about a 2/3rds size Call position, just in case we get a little discount I can add to it and fill it out, the Trading Portfolio is leaning net short and I could use a hedge there so I went with a nearly full size long NFLX position, I don't anticipate it being much more than a swing trade.

I will be looking for a short entry in NFLX at higher prices so in a way this could be considered a hitch-hiking position, but it's also functioning as a hedge as I do not want to let go of short exposure considering the IWM has already moved in to stage 4 and the volatility shakeout, volatility will increase (the HFT scenario could really liven things up) and things get more unpredictable on the downside, remember my AAPL lesson? Trying to trade around a nice short too close to stage 4?

I think with the next Market Update I'm working on things will make more sense, but as I said, it's not too far off yesterday's post.

No comments: