Tuesday, May 12, 2015

VXX Call P/L

The VXX calls entered last Friday, Trade Idea-EXCEPTIONALLY SPECULATIVE...VXX Short Term Calls at 3:37 p.m. were meant as a very short term position, in fact specifically for the early weakness forecasted for this week. Yesterday I decided to hold them as I did not see the weakness I expected from the signals we had as of the close on Friday, this morning we got that weakness and I ended up closing them as I usually do, as momentum starts to fade and before the first major correction.

For a trade that lasted little more than a day, it worked out pretty well and these were the longer dated 5/22 expiration rather than the 5/15 I had intended.




At a cost of $1.08 and a fill of $1.70 the P/L came out to +57% which is fine with me for this type of trade.

In any case, I'm already looking at the next potential position, I hope you did well.

No comments: