Thursday, June 4, 2015

Trade Idea: VXX / UVXY Long

I have been gathering charts this morning and the volatility in the market is just appalling or lack of it, however there are signs that something is about to give way. This may be protection/hedges in front of Greece/IMF, but something seems to be stirring.

We have some partial positions in VXX that are down about 1%, I feel that it might be a bit risky considering the volatility trend to go with options, although I may change my mind on that with further chart development.

For now I'm going to bring the VXX long position up to about a normal 1/2 size position, maybe a bit more and leave room to add, but I'll be doing this with UVXY, the 2x leveraged VXX (VIX short term futures).

I'll have charts out ASAP, but I didn't want to wait on getting this post out too long while I get that post together.


No comments: