Thursday, June 4, 2015

Quick Asset Update

As I just posted what I'm looking for in oil/USO for a new trade, I also see TLT as pulling back a little to finish up work in its base area, I'll be looking for a long entry there.

Gold I also see as pulling back a little tomorrow and they should both make for probable long entries at some point tomorrow.

I'll post the charts after the close.

The 1 min intraday SPY chart is still positive which would normally tell me to expect a gap up in the morning, but there's nothing after the 1 min chart so it's not a strong divergence by any means, more than likely just the market getting oversold intraday. We have too many wild card risk events from the NFP at 8:30 am EDT to the Greek/IMF loan repayment/default debacle.

This is a time to be patient (overnight).

As for some of our trade set ups, I'm hoping transports can do more on the upside than they have so far as they look like they'll make an excellent 3rd entry for our long term trend short or core position already open in transports.

If you saw my Trade Set-Up for NFLX yesterday, than you know it's headed in the right direction, but it's not there yet. Once again, some patience and let the trade come to you.

NFLX is  a proxy for a number of our watch list trades, so I suspect most will set up around the same time.

The $USD which has seen the counter trend rally, strongest 7-day move since 2008, fail. However short term we should see a slight correction before it returns to making new primary trend lower lows.

There's not only evidence on the big picture charts you have already seen for the Index futures (ES, TF, NQ) SPX, Russell 2000 and NDX too all fail (big picture), but as I wrote over 2 years ago, "When the market fails, look for the Yen to rise. There's also evidence of the Yen building a longer term solid base from which to rally from as the $USD sinks lower, F_E_D rate hike or not.

More to come after the close. Patience... let the trade come to you.

No comments: