Monday, January 11, 2010

One Finger in the Air

And that finger is trying to figure out the prevailing winds. Take a look at the most recent post at Trade-Guild.net tonight. I'm going to let the lists I have published already stand for tonight because there are still some great charts/ideas there-it's market cooperation that is needed and I'm not sure we are going to get it. As I've been saying, tighten up, book some profits if you have them, don't swing for the fences and use sound risk management, we may be on the verge of a serious correction.

Take a look at the ETFs posted today, those went through 3 different scans and had to pass all of them-out of many hundreds. They give you a feel for the market and where we might be looking next.

In the portfolio I am managing, we took a decent position today in FAZ, it may be early, but we're getting our toes wet. Other market short positions we are holding (for the longer term) include: EDZ, SKF, SCC and SSG.

If I see anything really interesting I'll update the site so check back as I do intraday updates when needed. If you have questions, email me. ASTM and MATK are an example of two stocks on the lists that are looking interesting, but honor those stops and you'll be around to cash out the double bagger.