Monday, January 11, 2010

Some Shots For Your Arsenal

This morning the market is very jittery. Just about all the upside gaps have been filled and it's done so one heavy downside volume. We have a few stocks this am up 5% or so and a few from last week 10-60% gains today like PEIX which we are booking some profits in.

The picks below usually perform even when the market is down and it is too early to say anything definitive, but here are a few shorts you should be familiar with in case this market finally turns as I expect it will.

SKF, TWM, MZZ, EDZ, SMN and SSG. If the market does turn then I'll add a bunch more, I don't and haven't expected this rally to last. Since each trader is different I can't make a blanket statement (you can always email me) but if you have good profits in a pick you may want to consider tightening your stop, taking your original investment off the table and under no circumstances should you let a winning trade turn into a losing one. I mentioned on Trade Guild the 60% gift we got this am from PEIX, we booked it and left the original position in place so we are at a guaranteed nice profit and we made that money in 30 mins this am.

Keep a close eye on the market, nothing is really moving much. Check back as I'll update as needed and when possible and of course you can email me Brandt@Trade-Guild.net

**UPDATE-MA was on the Jan 7 list as a short, it looks good if you got it hold it, otherwise take a look at it, lots of downside potential there.
Good luck.