Tuesday, August 17, 2010

That Did the Trick

Last night I mentioned we had a lot of economic reports, out, nothing really all that spectacular happened, but as I suggested, it was excuse enough to spark the market to rally  and gap up we did. We have some trades off to a nice start, many have chosen to go with a leveraged long Oil ETF like UCO, rather then DBO, but both are doing well so far. I think there's still an opportunity to get in although you may want to wait for a pullback. I'll let you know when I see one coming.

Remember that this isn't going to last forever, and if you are holding short core positions it could get a little scary, but in the end, you'll see that in all likelihood, this is just a jiggle and gyration that makes up the market and we'll be off to test another support level which will most likely fail and bounce and down again, so on and so forth. So we are in good position with a core short and some cash to work these little bounces that pop up.

I'll be updating all afternoon, so stay close...

No comments: