Thursday, September 9, 2010

As a reminder

Many of you may feel anxiety about the price moves and I've tried to ease that by showing you how Wall Street manipulates your emotions, because your emotions -rather most trader's emotions dictate their decisions. When we hit emotional extremes and can no longer take it we tend to get out of the trade, which leads to that ultra-painful experience of then seeing the trade move in your direction-selling at the bottom, covering at the top, they both really hurt our morale.  I struggle with these things too even after having been a day trader, trading for a living, advising people with a lot of money in the market, -they are all things that can cause a heavy emotional burden. Even writing every night here at WOWS is an emotional burden because the market is going to do things that I know are extreme, but typically head fakes.

The only solace I can find is in objective data. Even if I am wrong, at least I made my choices using objective data rather then an emotional response.

So I just wanted to show you the very important 1 hour 3C chart. It shows where the bounce began it's accumulation and the distribution that is present throughout-even on a day like today, it is steadily moving down. I can wonder, as can you, "what if it doesn't work this time" and all I can say is that 3C divergences have a very high likelihood of working out, I don't recall very many important time frames that have failed. You can see they worked in the past, so until I have reason to believe otherwise, I let the weight of the evidence dictate my analysis.

So I just wanted to show you this chart one more time. NO MATTER WHAT, you must do what you are comfortable with and what your risk management dictates. I'm just here to hopefully help you through the tough patches, see the market uncovered for what it really is and try to aid you in your journey toward a successful outcome in the market place. It's no place for the faint of heart.

No comments: