Thursday, November 18, 2010

3C was right

Even with no historical information to use, I applied the fastest 3C model to GM and the 5 min chart that I posted earlier today looked like this by the close.

 3C 5 min leading negative divergence.

It seems not only did GM lose a dollar from the open on it's first day trading, but unbelievably, 95% of the total float was traded today, that is 452,000,000 shares. You can bet they went from institutional holders to retail/public traders. I've been asked many times by email if I'd buy this one, my answer (even considering the firepower that could be brought down on GM) has been no. The main reason, we want an edge, with no historical information on the charts, it's pretty hard to find that edge, so a trade in GM today is pure gambling.

No comments: