Thursday, November 11, 2010

Possible Intraday Pullback coming

 DIA 1 min showing negative relative divergence and a possible leading divergence getting started.


 The QQQQ 1 min is in line for the most part, but risks the start of a leading negative divergence.

The SPY 1 min has shown 3 negative divergences and is now in a leading negative divergence.

Just read a piece about one of the shorts I'm favorable on, BAC which I presented last week with their rally as being a rather lower risk trade with the objective stop so close. It appears that the negative divergences we have seen in BAC are largely due to selling as the short interest has declined dramatically. This means more weakness in BAC will bring in more shorts as the SI is lower now and that the downside pressure on the stock has come despite a large percentage of shorts covering.

6 comments:

Mr Pink said...

Disney reporting after hours apparently.

Brandt said...

I'll take a look

Brandt said...

Not seeing much on DIS except it's not quite confirming in longer timeframes, but not in out right negative divergences. The only thing right now is the intraday spike seems to be seeing some selling. Either way, earnings are a wild card that we can't control and without a really good reason, meaning an obvious divergence that jumps off the chart, I stay away from trading them. Maybe something will happen later in the day.

Mr Pink said...

Brandt,

I'm still not getting email updates.

Anyone else not getting the email updates.

Having to look at the site and press refresh intermittently is far far far far far far far from ideal.

Brandt said...

I just posted on the subject, "Update on Updates" Today finally I have some action on one of the threads I posted on their help forums. About 6 other sites have complained of the same thing and there are a number of links posted with possible fixes. Tonight I'll read those and see if I can get the emails back up and running, there are too many to look at this late in the trading day, but rest assured I will make that a priority tonight. I understand how frustrating it must be and apologize for the inconvenience.

Brandt said...

No one is getting the updates including myself.