Thursday, November 11, 2010

Update on the Updates

As many of you know, there has been a problem with the email alerts that are sent out with new posts from Google Groups. Google has virtually no customer support other then their forums which I have placed several queries on. Finally I'm getting some response, first this is affecting a lot of groups using them for the same purpose. Some people have left links to things that can be tried to get the emails flowing again. The thread is getting long and I'll have to look at it after market, hopefully I'll find an answer in there and get the emails out to you gain. Thanks for your patience and my apologies for the inconvenience.

2 comments:

Mr Pink said...

Much appreciated.

Brandt said...

I just hope I find something that works. It's definitely a Google issue of some sort because none of the sites made any changes to settings in Groups, nor did I. And all of the sites are private sites as well so I'll see what the links to possible fixes has to say and hope to finally get this resolved. Google's customer service is non-existient. I totally lost the site one night, I got messages that it had been deleted and looked everywhere for some contact info for Google and could find nothing but help forums in which they don't even participate. You can imagine how I felt about having my site totally missing with all of my subscribers. That was a scary night.

By the way, we are still in FAZ, took profits in TMV but will most likely re-enter.

Take care.