Friday, November 5, 2010

Trade Alert

I have mentioned that I like the idea of starting a position short in JPM and either starting or adding to the BAC downtrend already intact. With this morning's XLF action , which I think is limit orders placed after retail saw the rally there, that are being filled, this may be a good opportunity for a low risk short entry.

 Here's the Stop Channel on a 3 day chart for BAC-the upper channel line's lowest point is the stop, so it's near $13 while BAC is near $12.48-a little more then $.50 risk for a trend that has been in effect for more then 2 quarters. I showed this trade about a week ago and said if we got close to the upper channel, it may be a trade on the short side you may want to consider, the closer to the channel, the less risk as that is your stop.

I also showed JPM's trading range and said I'd like to look at initiating a position there near the top of the range, but I would not fill it out until it broke below the bottom of the range (confirmation), well here we are. A stop can be placed above the top trendline which lowers your risk on the trade so long as you observe risk management/position sizing.

I don't know if XLF will carry a much higher as I do believe it's limit orders being filled so if you like the trade, you may want to take a look at it.

7 comments:

Alesund said...

Brandt,

Can you show us multiple timeframes for XLF?

Thanks

Alan said...

What does 3c look like for xlf & faz?

Alesund said...

Oh, and CMG (Mexican restaurant chain) in the final stages of a parabolic move. That one looks ripe for a short.

Please analyze with 3C when you have a chance.

TIA

JC said...

Thanks Alesund, I had asked about CMG in a prior blog as well. You saved me from asking again. Looks like it might be a good short.

dvgweb said...

Brandt, with all the accumulation of FAZ you have seen recently, how can you possibly explain a 9% drop yesterday, and another 7.5% drop today? How could the big players have accumulated so much just to watch the stock drop into oblivion? I'm getting killed on this trade, and I'm sure others are too.

JC said...

Anyone want to comment on the fact the market is not following the EUR/USD trade today. It seems we should be down roughly the same amount we were up yesterday since the levels are the same or less

Anonymous said...

I should have dumped FAZ on the 28th after accumulation from the week earlier did not move the price. Another big hit for me :(