Tuesday, April 12, 2011

AA and Last Night's Video

This post is especially for all of you 3C users. When I gave you the code I told you, there's a steep learning curve with 3C, you are learning to look at the market in a different way, to see how the market internals and cycles work and how much influence Wall Street has.

Even I am learning some lessons still and I invented 3C and have been using it for a looong time. Yesterday afternoon I said this about AA,

"I'll get the 3C charts out soon, long term charts are negative. Short term charts are more or less in line, the mid terms are a bit questionable, otherwise I'd say AA is not going to have a good report."


There was one chart that stood out, that didn't fit in with the consistency of the others.


In this post I showed you the 15 minute chart that I called a possible anomaly.


It turns out it was. Usually, as I explain in this video, one version of 3C works best for each individual stock, but as the video shows, the other two versions looked identical on the 15 minute chart and matched everything else, AA was an earnings short. So the point is, when something just doesn't fit, see if you can find confirmation in the other two versions, not just one version because that allows you to cherry pick and that's not objective, both versions should match. You'll see that they did in the video above.

No comments: