Friday, April 29, 2011

Algos Gone Wild

I think you might agree and may have noticed some of the strange closing trade, as if Chinese Hackers got into the order routing system. In any case, pay attention to the charts, many that had a big move in one direction or the other, seem to be heading in the opposite direction in after hours, I marked it on the ORCL chart, but the two horizontal blue hash marks next to price are the bid/ask in after hours as of the time I captured these screen shots. There are hundreds more. There was some strange stuff going on pre-close, I expect we're going to hear some strange report in after hours. While I believe there's some NASDAQ re-balancing, I don't think all of these stocks are NASDAQ components and I'm not sure the last minute stuff makes a lot of sense in trying to make that argument.

















 ORCL***



No comments: