Monday, April 18, 2011

BGZ/TZA follow up

Last week I noted several times that large caps were getting bullied around, especially in afterhours, where I suspect some of the trade there that is traditionally of very little interest to me, is being carried out by smart money, I'm not sure why, but the after hours action vs the daily action seems to show there's something going on in AH. I'll have to look more into this as this would be a new theme and one that I personally don't understand.

As for our quick pick for coverage on large caps (short), BGZ has been the trade I've mentioned many times last week, just do a search in the upper left corner of the blog for BGZ. I was suggesting you use the weakness in BGZ to start building a position (once again, if you like the idea of the trade). Today you'd be at a decent profit on BGZ up 5.5% today, a decent profit for a one day move.

TZA has been the broad coverage pick for small caps, that one is up over 6.5% today. If you are in either trade and want to talk about how you want to play them, just shoot me an email.

No comments: