Friday, May 6, 2011

The New Wall Street Pass Time

Spilling rumors and taking bets in the office on how many positions they can crash, just because their soul-less and view everyone who doesn't work on Wall St. as, "the others".

And for our next rumor, A hike in Oil margins and that's an easy one to believe. I could probably start a new site today and float that rumor and get a market reaction. After what happened in Silver, commodity traders are probably pretty trigger happy at the first mention of "M-A-R-G-I... SELL!!!!"

 It's pretty much smaller speculators and micro funds that get hit the hardest with margin hikes, by the volume and the decline, I'd think that' who reacted to this rumor and for another reason.

 There was no negative divergence before the drop, so I'm still guessing it's the little guys who got spooked.

The earlier stops I put out for USO I think we're right about on target as you can see where the tight stop and the stop with a bit more room would have taken you out of the trade.

Although I'm not ready to go on record and say this was a ploy to pick up shares on the cheap, I will say that it's a good possibility and I'll be watching USO to see if any of that underlying action develops.

No comments: