Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Silver/Gold

 SLV has a clean breakout today, volume is up a bit, but I'd expect to see a much bigger volume surge on a breakout. The pattern implied target is $40, but that's just a rough gauge.


 The 1 min SLV chart has shaped up and is now in confirmation of the breakout.

The thing I don't like is charts between 5-15 mins should be looking much stronger then they do. The 60 min chart looks very strong and I'd expect these shorter term chart to look similar, they don't so perhaps we'll see a pulback filling in some of the gap from today?

 I looked at PSLV to get a better feel for silver, we have the same pattern , a little stronger looking breakout.

 An overall better looking 1 min chart in confirmation thus far, but again 5 and 10 min charts don't look a strong as I'd expect.

 The 15 min chart does show some of what I'd expect to see, PSLV has it, SLV doesn't.

 And the hourly chart looks very strong as it did in SLV. This bodes well for a intermediate move that could be quite profitable, but I suspect the gaps in the mid-term charts will create a lot of volatility among the way until they shape up.

 GLD is breaking out of a different pattern, more like an inverse H&S-volume is disappointing on the breakout.

And once again short term charts aren't looking strong, the mid term to long term charts are. I haven't seen this situation too often. I can only assume the potential for a nice move is there, but I'd expect a bumpy ride.

Oil is much the same. I'd go so far as to say the entire commodity complex. This looks like a very nervous market. Rightfully so.

No comments: