Friday, September 30, 2011

Update of yesterday's close

For some reason my real time data on Telehart went out late last night, so I got up early this morning to update the charts, still no real time, so I ended up using StockFinder instead. I captured the QQQ and IWM last, even though they are usually presented in alphabetical order, which is just a function of the upload process. By the time I got to the Q's and IWM, I noticed some interesting things.

I'm toot tired right now to go bak and search for the posts, but there were probably over a dozen as early as the start of the move up rom the last accumulation zone in which I had said numerous times, "I have a feeling ths market will accumulate more before really moving up, the reason why is the accumulation on the 3C depth chart was the best readings we had seen since the market bottomed in early August, it didn't seem right that we didn't see as many days of accumulation as we had in past moves. This s when I started speculating on what it might look like, I've shown several examples over the last few nights, the Aug rally pullback, which showed no accumulation, the last major rally we had that started with 1 day of accumulation, followed by 2 days of rally and then a drop to a new low with about 2 more days of accumulation followed by the rally of  about 5 days. Any way, there's really not much sense in comparing now to past events, I've never really been a fan of those kinds of comparisons, it is what it is or will be.

Some of you who emailed me yesterday know that I got a strange blast of emails around 9:30 last night, my gmail had been clear (all emails answered) and I finished the last post and checked my email again and there they were, about 30+ emails from about 3:45 on. I've seen some problems like this in the past with gmail, but usually only a single email, this was an entire group, so I spent the next hour and a half answering emails while a not too happy Anna went to bed.  I went back to Telechart to finish my last post and opps, no real time data. After the day I had yesterday starting with the doctor, I called it  day.

I got about 4 1/2 hours of sleep and was thinking about going back to bed for an hour, but decided, I'll just run to the store and buy a redline and cocaine (the energy drink). So, here are the charts, in the order they were captured.

 DIA 1 min positive yesterday

 DIA 2 min positive (whenever you see a 2 min chart it's from StockFinder)

 DIA 5 min leading positive
(and whenever you see a 10 min chart it's from TeleChart-StockFinder doesn't have a 10 min and Telechart doesn't have a 2 min).

 DIA 15 min relative positive

 SPY 1 min relative positive over several days

 SPY 2 min relative positive over several days

 SPY 5 min positive/leading positive over several days

 SPY 15 min leading positive

 QQQ 1 min leading positive

 QQQ 2 min leading positive

 QQQ 5 min leading positive and relative positive over several days.

 QQQ 15 min relative positive

 And this is about the time I made the discovery, this is not pullback type accumulation, this is the type of accumulation I had been looking for on the 23-36th-added base accumulation.

 QQQ 60 min nearly the same level on the 3C depth chart, which had already been at record lows for the last 6 weeks.

 IWM 1 min

 IWM 2 min leading positive-

 IWM 5 min again nearly at the base level and a leading positive.

IWM 15 min.

So my early instinct was pretty much right on.

No comments: