Thursday, October 6, 2011

Trend Channel

For those of you using Worden products, you probably have my proprietary Trend Channel, if you are considering making any adjustments should the market pullback, whether it be to lessen exposure, sell, short (I would make sure you can day trade for this-make sure you are compliant with Regulation T), then the Trend Channel is an ideal indicator for this environment as unlike a moving average, it considers the stock's recent volatility in it's equation, I find it VERY useful for trends in any timeframe. I think this is the first indicator I won an award for, a very expensive bottle of champagne and a title in Worden's Knight's of the Round Table Who Think For Themselves", Sir Risk Adjuster! It was a big thing for me back then considering Don Worden's history.


 Here's my TC on a 10 min scale which has held the recent trend.

Here it is on the 15 min scale. Longer term, the 30 min version has held every move up and down over the last 2 months.

Notice how it adjusts to a stock's volatility, but not like Bollinger bands and how wild they are.

A good choice if you have it.

No comments: