Friday, October 7, 2011

Well I said it would be an interesting last hour

Last night, market futures, especially Europe, looked pretty strong which usually implies a strong day here in the US. As you know, yesterday I took off my long positions and started positioning for a move down. 


Well the market couldn't get off its back all day, even with such a hefty beat in the NFP and that was really the only thing I expected to create some volatility to the upside early on, but nope! Then in afternoon trade, the 1 minute positive divergence defied the currencies, WALL STREET alone was moving the market, you would otherwise call that manipulating the market. It certainly wasn't the dismal Consumer Credit announced at 3 p.m., right around the time the market took off intraday. Consumer Credit wasn't "just" a miss, it fell the most in over a year!


So I figured maybe they were going to try for a new closing high/bull-trap/head fake, but they didn't quite make it. They may have done enough to lock in some longs over the weekend. None of the charts improved, so seems that they spent just enough money to move the market up, but they weren't accumulating.


It was a busy day for me, 85 emails today and a period of several hours of non-stop posting, I was "holding it" for more then 2 hours trying to take care of everything and watch the market. I'm still exhausted from last week. I NEVER sleep during the day, it feels like a waste of time, but yesterday after the close and wrapping up emails, my body took over and I slept until my dog Emma woke me up for "potty", I wrote my post after that for last night and right back to bed. I'm looking forward to some down time and I usually hate weekends because the market isn't open.


I think we'll be spreading Attila's ashes in the Atlantic Ocean at sunrise this weekend.


 My sincere sympathy goes out to one of our members/family/Wolf Pack who lost a beloved family member, a 13+ year old Cocker Spaniel named Chauncey (with a great life story) just a few short days ago. My thoughts are with you Jim and knowing the Wolf Pack, I'm sure many of theirs are too.


There's more to life then just trading and I'm blessed to have such a great pack. Trading can be lonely and isolating, I would say our members give back just as much as the site gives.


Have a great weekend everyone, As usual, by Sunday I'll have a post up.

No comments: