Thursday, January 5, 2012

Financial's Parabolic move

Earlier I looked at 3C and didn't see anything interesting in Financials/XLF, now there's some development. Remember for 3C to register a signal, we need underlying action to take place and for the best signals, we need a lot of it. There isn't always a trend on Wall Street so there's not always a great signal, but when there is, those are the trades we want to look at seriously.

Any way, here's XLF

 We have 2 parabolic moves in XLF, I don't are which way parabolic moves are, up or down or even benefitting my position, they always cause me doubt as they often reverse in a parabolic fashion. I seriously doubt we are seeing short covering in financials, so I assume there's some set up taking place.
3C is obviously not confirming the move up.

 Here the 2 min chart is in non-confirmation as well. Both timeframes are short enough to move fast enough to confirm.

The bigger picture on the 15 min chart is definitely that of a negative divergence like we saw previously, the effects of the first divergence on the chart are pretty clear.

No comments: