Friday, April 13, 2012

BIDU over $152 intraday

In my earlier update for BIDU, I said I wanted to look at shorting it above $152, this is why price alerts are so useful, although my Friday the 13th Gremlins in my computer didn't give me a chance to get in to a position there. Perhaps a Tech bounce will keep it in the area?

 2 min as BIDU moved above $152 intraday. This is what I expected so I would have taken the position, even if I had to deal with a little draw down. The best head fake move would be $152 on a close looking the way it does. In any case, BIDU is still high enough to make the trade worthwhile eve at $150 or a bit lower.


 The 5 min chart in BIDU negative at $152

AAPL's 5 min chart is now in the strongest position it has been in since AAPL started moving lower this week as it is leading. This also fits well with the QQQ 5 min chart. I have been thinking there would be a rotation to tech before the bounce is complete, AAPL and the QQQ today seem to back up that view.

The market for the most part moves together, although relative performance is different because of rotation, so I would think the most likely outcome is tech moves in to rotation and has the strongest relative performance, the other averages and sectors should be in line directionally, but the relative performance should be weaker.

No comments: