Wednesday, May 16, 2012

GOOG Charts

I don't have a lot of risk in GOOG with an intraday stop (depending on how it looks, I may look at a closing stop) above today's intraday highs of $630.10, it represents about 1.2% risk.

The charts...
 This is similar in concept to the GLD Put trade that made 215% in a couple of days, GOOG resistance is very defined, the breakout today above that resistance looks to be a head fake move. If GOOG moves higher, I'll close the position and look for a better entry at a higher price.

 I wish I had seen this earlier, but I still probably wouldn't have acted on it until the 1 min chart started leading negative in GOOG.

 The 2 min chart, there is no nearby positive divergence for today's breakout.

 On the 3 min chart there's a positive divergence, however this looks to me to be a divergence like we saw in GLD meant to push GOOG through resistance, ultimately trapping bulls.

 The 5 min chart negative on the breakout

 The 15 min chart with the resistance area, the positive divergence to push GOOG through it and a negative divergence on the breakout.

 The larger picture on the 60 min chart, the yellow arrow is today, a suspected head fake move, even if GOOG moves higher from here, I'll likely short it again as I'm keeping risk low until I get the position I want here.

If Goog moves through today's intraday highs, I'll likely cover unless there's something really standing out, and look for a higher level to short it at. By keeping the risk very low at 1.2% of portfolio w/o margin, I can afford to take a couple of stabs at the position until I get the entry I want.

No comments: