Friday, July 13, 2012

EUR/USD-BINGO!

Yesterday I posted this.


The EUR/USD looks to be the catalyst


"This post shows underlying weakness in the dollar, there's some underlying strength in the Euro which is a market positive, I don't know which came first, the chicken (Euro) or the egg ($USD). I see no reason for Euro strength, so it is possible there's some WE rumor in smart money land, but that's just wild speculation based on a few observations at this point, but I want you to know what is in my head as possibilities.


For practical purposes, it seems the EUR/SD will strengthen very soon (maybe overnight) and this should be market supportive."





Based on the 3C charts, my conclusion was the market would move because of the EUR/USD, I had no idea what would send the Euro higher or the dollar lower, but this morning on no news whatsoever and exactly at the 9:30 open, that's exactly what happened as the Euro ripped higher, most likely knocking out quite a few Jonny-come-lately shorts.

 The FX pair is pretty much lateral overnight, then takes off at the open at 9:30

 This is the 9:30 US open

The SPY (green) vs. the Euro (white).

The 3C charts were what my conclusion or theory was based on, does anyone else find this rip exactly at the US open, which showed 3C signs of accumulation and on no news whatsoever to be a little strange?

Well, that' just how the market works, they set the pins up and then knock them over.

No comments: