Thursday, July 26, 2012

Went with Aug $27 FB Calls

I just opened an additional Aug $27 Call position in FB, the total size is a little bigger than I'd like for a speculative trade, but it didn't really seem worthwhile to take less contracts, plus the options model portfolio has been doing well and is up pretty nice for the week, there's a little extra room there, obviously ZNGA put a damper on FB earnings coming out after the close, but as I said, I like the signal. I would keep in mind the prevailing market trend which is not helpful to FB, but FB has been one of the few stocks that has shown very little to almost no correlation with the market. In any case, it's an earnings play and they are always a bit of a wild card, I wouldn't swing for the fences on a trade like this, even though I like what I see thus far.

No comments: