Thursday, September 13, 2012

Volatility-QE History

Conventional thinking as well as the history of QE1 and QE2 is that QE (now 3) will push stocks higher.

As has been commented on just about everywhere is that the market seems to have already priced in QE 3.

The price move thus far isn't as big as I would think and some analysts have just said the same.

So is QE 3 priced in? It's all about watching assets and underlying trade.

Volatility thus far has been fairly high within the move.
 SPY, but maybe more interestingly...

AAPL, not a moon shot in one of the stocks that benefits from QE.

Conventionally my first instinct is to cut short exposure, but I think I'm going to wait just a bit and see how things shape up, see if this announcement was fully priced in.

I'm here, I'm just jumping from chart to chart so email responses will be a bit slow.

No comments: