Friday, October 26, 2012

AMZN follow up

In yesterday's "AMZN Analysis" I posted this chart with the following commentary...

" On a daily chart I'm thinking that AMZN will pull a similar volatility shakeout as it did in early October, there just weren't that many shorts on a small decline like that to see any real upside shakeout volatility, we have it now with a larger top that HAS broken."

And today...
Today AMZN is doing exactly what I said I'd expect it to do, it's shaking out shorts with a volatility move, just look at volume today.

Thus far I don't see any negative divergences so I think it will go further, the market always surprises you in what you expect and how extreme it can be beyond your expectations.

Congrats to those who were able to get in to AMZN long positions/calls and hold through the after hours volatility. As I mentioned in talking about earnings, I didn't say, "We'll see toninght", I said, "We'll see tomorrow", smart money isn't making big moves in the thin, illiquid after hours or pre-market trade.

No comments: